Re: OT Super bowl

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OT Super bowl
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:18:51 -0600
>Rob:

> The Ford GT commercial was shot at Thunderhill. Ford's just updated the Ford
> GT webpages this weekend following the showing of the commercial. There's a
> wicked "behind the scenes" film of the shoot at:
>
> http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/home.asp
>
> There's also the commercial itself and the 30 second commercial showing the
> GT's curves.

There was a show on CBS (I think) on Saturday night that featured what are
supposedly the top 10 Super Bowl commercials. Alerted by one of the Docs
that I help develop Powerpoint presentations frequently, I recorded both
that program and the Super Bowl itself, and yes I recorded the now infamous
half time "Opps!". I may be one of the few, maybe the only person, who plans
to save the commercials and delete the game. Seriously.

Jeff uses video clips in his sometimes otherwise dry medical lectures to
inject some humor and keep people alert. I digitise the commercials 512 x
384 as WiMP files and stick them on a CD. Hey it's a tough job, but somebody
has to do do it.  ;>)

Cadillac used Thunderhill for a sedan commercial, I think last year? Easy to
spot if you've ever been there. It was the one with the silver Cad sedan
"going against the flow" of the black European sedans. We look forward to
running something, 510, 2000 or Z-Car there in a couple of years.

FWIW,
Ron