Transporting cars

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transporting cars
From: "J Sylvester" <jsylvester3136@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 04:55:17 -0600
Wanted to let everyone know I had a super transporting experience using a
retired military gentleman out of Central Florida.  His name is Jim Adler
and he available to discuss jobs (hauling cars or driving them).

He's got a very clean enclosed trailer (his race trailer for his 510) and a
stout pull truck.  He charges below market and is painstakingly honest and
precise.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll send along his e-mail and
pictures of his rig with my white Datsun tucked safely inside (it's a pretty
sharp picture..white car nestled into a trailer with a spotless white and
black tiled floor).

So, all is well..The car I bought was exactly as advertised:  A more than
presentable daily driver with solid mechanicals.  I need to put some new
tires on it (the PO had some vintage AR Libres he put on the car for me and
the tires are quite old), but otherwise, it's ready to go!

I'll look forward to your help as I learn the car.  To begin with, I would
appreciate hearing your maintenance "routine".  In reviewing some of the
articles on Gordon's Garage website, it looks like there's a ton to check on
(who would guess I would have to change the lubricant in the steering box
every 6,000 miles), and I would appreciate your thoughts.  Since I'm new to
the car and even the PO doesn't know exactly what's been done to it during a
"rolling restoration" I would appreciate your thoughts on the must check
first list (I suppose one could always repack the wheel bearings just as a
matter of course)

Anyway, feel free to e-mail me for contact information and pictures of Mr
Adler's rig and thanks in advance for the maintenance info.

Jim Sylvester
'68 2000
SRL311-05385
U20-06823