Re: Coughing/hesitation problem

To: "Stephen Wan" <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>,
Subject: Re: Coughing/hesitation problem
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@schroeder-family.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:31:57 -0600
The mixture is set by adjusting the mixture nuts on the bottom of the carb.
The needle determines the mixture profile.  That is, mixture at different
carb openings.  Don't mess with the fuel pressure.  They are designed to
operate at 3.5 pounds (more or less).

Defiantly sounds like you are running lean.  Not a good thing at all.  Too
lean raises chamber temperatures and does all kinds of nasty things to your
engine.  Either learn to set them yourself or find someone who can.  Running
lean is bad news.

Here are a few links that you can take a look at regarding the care and
feeding of SU's.

http://www.team.net/www/morgan/tech/tuning.html
http://web.tiscali.it/no-redirect-tiscali/abosco/moto/carb/su2.html
http://www.jetlink.net/~okayfine/su/sumain.html

What part of the world are in?  There might be someone in the vicinity to
give you a hand.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
Denison, TX