Re: Coughing/hesitation problem

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Coughing/hesitation problem
From: "Stephen Wan" <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:33:51 -0800
I tend to run with a little choke when city driving.  Helps keep the pinging
to a minimum when accelerating.  I imagine I'm running a little lean, but I
hesitant to start messing with a carb that runs well otherwise. Any other
way of richening the mixture w/o changing needles?  Higher fuel pressure
perhaps?  I've tried recurving the distributor and various timing settings,
but it looks like Boone's elect dizzy may be the cure.  I do notice that I
can chirp the tires from a start with the choke on, but not off.
Steve
70' 1600