Fw: Paul Smith, Celebration of life

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Paul Smith, Celebration of life
From: "Gerardo Magana" <gmagana@softcom.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:34:43 -0800
Hello, I sure hope some of you can make the time to come down on Tuesday to
attend, It would mean alot to Judy as well ast to all of us who knew Paul.
I will get some more details this weekend.
Best Regards,
Gerardo
Subject: Paul Smith, Celebration of life

> We have just came from visiting with Judy and Michael.
>
>   As expected Judy is shook up. But, as you would also expect, she is
trying very hard to make sure everyone is comfortable and their wants are
taken care of.

>   Everything is not finalized for a celebration of Paul's life. But this
much is known.

>   There will be a private family internment in the morning at Lakewood
preceeding the celebration.

>   The celebration of life  will take place at the American Legion hall on
South Santa Cruz in Modesto on Tuesday 11/25 in the afternoon.
>   The actual time has not been determined at this writing. At this point
it will be from 3-6 pm, but a little earlier is being considered.
>   Paul's cars will be there for all to see and his 2000 Roadster will be
in a prominate spot with room for the other roadsters to park near it.
>   So if you can, bring all your Roadsters to park in that area
>
>   In lieu of flowers, Judy has asked people to contribute to a memorial
fund she has established at Riverbank High school.

>   The fund will be presented in Paul's name in the form of a scholarship
to a deserving automotive technical student.
>  (She tried to set this up at Ceres High, but they didn't have one in
place).

>   The one thing Judy impressed upon us was, Paul did not want a memorial
service or anything sad. He wanted a celebration.

>   So we are counting on you to make it just that. Lets hear those Paul
Smith stories.

>   There are millions of them. As there should be, because Paul always
believed "if you can't say something good don't say anything".