Solex jetting

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Solex jetting
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:17:40 -0500
I posted this to the 311s.org forum, but some on the list may not check it,
so here it is!

OK guys, get out your voodoo dolls. I have looked at the jetting of 3
different factory sets of 44PHH Solex carbs for the 2000 and this is what I
found:

Early carbs
37mm chokes and jets are 250 "A" blocks and 60

Early carbs
34mm chokes and jets are 250 "A" blocks and 52.5

Late carbs (external float adjustment)
34mm chokes and jets are 140 "8" blocks and 55

My question is which jetting should work best on a B cam stock exhaust 2000?
I can see the difference in jets between the early sets, but the late one
has me baffled. That is a huge change in the jetting...

Sidney Raper
1964 1500
1967 SRL311 00060 (no longer... sigh....)
1967 SRL311 00076
Jacksonville Florida
http://www.geocities.com/roadsternut/index.html

Is your computer infected with a virus?  Find out with a FREE computer virus
scan from McAfee.  Take the FreeScan now!