RE: Solex jetting

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Solex jetting
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:09:25 -0800
There's actually a third jet that you didn't mention. The jets you can see
by pulling the cover off the carb are the pilot jet (that's the 52.5, 55 and
60) and the main air jet. The main air jet screws into the top of the jet
block. remove the jet block, turn it over and you'll find the main jet. Be
careful you don't lose the bleed pipe, which will fall out of the jet block
if you have removed the main air jet, which you probably had to do to remove
the jet block.

Try these settings for a start:
Main 135
Main Air 190
Pilot 55

On the later carbs there is also a pump nozzle that controls the accelerator
pump delivery rate. If you have that, start with a 35.

See: http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/Mikuni_layout.jpg