After stored for 1 year...hard to start...help

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: After stored for 1 year...hard to start...help
From: Patrick Cheah <pccy@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:52:54 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,

A year ago, I found coolant in engine oil in my '68
datsun 2000. Finally, get to work on it and found that
one of the cylinder head bolts was broken. So, replace
the head gasket and replace all the bolts with studs.

Try to start it, after cranking for a while it
started. But, it runs rough and would die of as soon
as I let go the gas pedal. And, also getting gasoline
coming out from the both curb over flow pipes.

The gas has been in the tank for a year. Do you think
the old gas causes it hard to start? Should drain it
and fill with fresh gas...does those gas stabil
addictive works?

Does anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks.

PC