Re: OT - corporate auto-x

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OT - corporate auto-x
From: WCHMCH@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 07:26:31 EST
In a message dated 11/7/2003 11:06:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
shifty@shiftco.com writes:

I work in an industry where flash and ostentation are the order of the
day. The senior management all have whatever the current 911
tail-waggers are, boxsters, french-racing-blue bmw's, or cayenne's,
etc. (no real imaginative cars - just more-bucks-than-car-knowledge).

A co-worker has been tweaking the brass by saying his 3-wheeler
electric Corbin Sparrow can outdrag  a fancy "porch" in the
quarter-mile (electric motor = instant torque) and the new-mini owners
think they can run circles around the guys-with-too-much-money.

Be careful, most of the Porsche folks I know track their cars.  The new mini
is a terrific car, but it won't "run circles" around a well driven, albeit
unimaginative 996 or M3.  "Well driven" is the key, of course; if your managers
really are the poseurs you suggest, and the guys with too little money know how
to drive, I'd bet on the enthusiasts every time.

Cheers, Will

'69 2000
'03 575MM
other unimaginative toys ;-)