Parking Brake Mystery Solved

To: "Mike Jennings" <datsit@hotmail.com>, "Dawn & Dave"
Subject: Parking Brake Mystery Solved
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 19:52:20 -0500
The stupid plastic button stripped and it went all the way down on the shaft
which forced the shaft to come too far forward and pulled out of the parking
brake pawl.

Simple fix? Sure, just put a nut on the end of the shaft so the button
doesn't go too far in.

I tried a coarse and fine threaded size 10 nut and some metric nuts just to
see if they would fit. None did. I got out my handy dandy screw pitch gizmo
and it was a 10/28 thread. Go figure. I never saw that before. I got out my
handy dandy tap and die set and rethreaded it to 10/32. Now the plastic
button wouldn't fit. Just great. I then used a wad of teflon tape over the
threads and finally the button was tight on the shaft.

Like I said nothins that easy.

Being unemployed allows me to think and try to solve all of these problems.
Better than pondering my belly button :)

Mike