RE: Steering Gear

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Steering Gear
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 20:37:06 -0700
AAAAAKKKKK!!!!!!! NO! Don't pull the plate.

There's an adjustment screw on the top of the steering gear box. Try that
instead. Just don't screw it down too tight. If you have the early style
box, it may well have a worn spot on-center that only a rebuild will fix. If
you tighten it down so it feels snug on-center, it may well bind up when you
go off-center. Small adjustments.