Re: Driving in the Rain

To: Mark Dent <mark@dealermats.com>
Subject: Re: Driving in the Rain
From: "David R. Conrad" <conrad1@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:32:18 -1000
Mark Dent wrote:

> Am I the only one that drives in the rain, top down?  On the way to Watkins
> Glen this year it was Thunderstorms for part of the way, just drove fast
> enough to not get too wet.  Lightning show was wild...
>
> Mark
> Baltimore
> 63 64 65 1500's
> www.datsunroadsters.com

I *do it* year 'round since I only erect the top about once a year.  Only need
to do that when a (rare) prolonged period of (really bad) bad weather (like,
three or four days) takes place.  It's good to do so, just to "stretch it out"
and clean and polish the window.

When I go to the effort, I leave it up for a week or two, because I think it
looks pretty good with the top up (for a change).  Top still looks almost new,
and the window is clear, even though the top is 15 years old.

Normal "showers" I just let the wind carry the rain over my head.  Stop lights
are a nuisance, however.  (Have to wear a hat to keep the rain off my glasses.)

Dave
'68 1600
Kailua-Kona (The Big Island's "dry side")