RE: 10 is enough

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: 10 is enough
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 01:06:03 -0700
Les:

I'm very sorry to hear the show has been canceled and I am especially
distressed to hear that it will not go on in future. Pam and I look forward
to going every year. Due to some financial constraints, we were planning on
entering before the October 31 deadline, but we were not able to do so
earlier. We haven't been taking the beast to car shows very long now, but
enjoyed Turfside even at our first, when it was still Surfside and the car
was inoperable in my garage. The inspiration I got from everyone we met
there gave me the will to put my roadster back together. I want to thank you
and Dennis and everyone involved sincerely for all your hard work to make
the show happen.

We just can't make it to Shasta. Solvang and this show are the only
opportunities we have to meet with our Datsun friends and show off the car
in a more 'spit and polish' setting than the occasional BBQ. We manage to
get out to other shows during the year, but the roadster is not a 68 Camaro
or a hotrod, so we always feel a little out of place, even if the reception
is good.

I hope the Datsun community can find some way to make a get together every
year at this time possible. It would be a shame to see the Turfside show and
the efforts of all the great people at CDM just fade away and be forgotten.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600