10 is enough

To: Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 10 is enough
From: Les Cannaday <les@classicdatsun.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:35:51 -0700
It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I am cancelling the 11th
annual All datsun show this year due to a major lack of interest even
though its not what I hear when I talk to people. Maybe a 10 year run
was enough for now but it is really telling when the 2 major shows that
do not promote businesses or any one entity and are not for profit seem
to have the worst time getting people to show up even when the date is
known a year in advance. The other shows that can draw 500 cars and
thousands of people and be a promotion for a shop and charge more than I
do or maybe I need to bring out a dyno so that we can all dyno the cars
or maybe I just need a new gimmick. Well I have always said its about
the cars and the people and maybe I have really been all wrong this
whole time but after 10 years of this show and fifteen years of the
Shasta show both of which are highly touted we cannot get more than 120
cars and then we get them only in the last week. Well this year the guy
who does shirts and trophies can't work with that schedule. And Mossy
Nissan offered to provide food and drinks would need some time to get
ready and its unfair for me to ask Dennis who does not work for me
anymore to try and organize it all at the last minute and then be so
stressed he cannot make the show himself. So I guess we are done for now
and even though I think you all know I love doing the show I will not
BEG for participants anymore and I will not fight the last minute maybe
I'll go if there's nothing better to do that weekend crowd anymore. I am
sorry to feel this way but when I watch Dennis and Peggy struggle and us
struggle after this many years its not worth the fight so I will move on
to promote an All Datsun HOPEFULLY LARGE turnout at the National Z
convention for next June so That maybe some people will come out to see
Mr K on what will be his 95 birthday. I will start returning what few
entries we have recieved as soon as I get Dennis to bring them up here
next Mon. It was a good run for the most part and I am sad to see it end.
Les
--
Les Cannaday

Classic Datsun Motorsports