Re: Valve Cover Vent Air Flow

To: bob_wilson@agilent.com
Subject: Re: Valve Cover Vent Air Flow
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:54:25 -0500 (CDT)
Bob,

My engine  is getting close to time to do an overhaul and it puts out
quite a bit of oil vapor also.

Howmany miles have you put on your new engine? When an engine is rebuilt
the rings don't seal well and need to be broken in. For the first bit,
say, 1000 miles, the blowby will decrease bit by bit. After that it
should stay low until the engine gets close to being worn out, then the
blowby will increase again.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA