Valve Cover Vent Air Flow

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Valve Cover Vent Air Flow
From: bob_wilson@agilent.com
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 08:05:27 -0600
Has anyone noticed how much air (oil fumes included) comes out of the 1600
valve cover vent? I noticed that there is a lot coming out of mine, at idle. I
know it is hard to discuss this without some measure of the flow rate. But I
would guess that it would fill a sandwich baggie in about 1 second (maybe I
should try this). Don't remember there being this much flow before I rebuilt my
engine.

Anyway, would this be a way to measure the quality of "seating" between the
rings and cylinder walls??? (still troubleshooting my engine).

Bob Wilson
1970 1600 stroker 28383