RE: Seat Belts or harnesses

To: "'Wilson, Michael L \(Oakton\)'" <Michael.Wilson1@az1.BP.COM>,
Subject: RE: Seat Belts or harnesses
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:04:05 +1030
Hi Mike,
this has been discussed many times before.
If you are definate about no roll bar then you are limited to the body
shell (obviously).
The shoulder belts should be near horizontal to be safe and effective.
If they dip down to an anchor, you will have your spine crushed in an
impact.
The parcel shelf or boot panel are both possibilities with the above
proviso.
You will need a minimum of 4mm thick plate to re-inforce any belt
anchor and that includes the seat rail mounts.
I get really nervous with these topics cause my eldest daughter
recently had a rear ender at some stop lights and she is still a
little iffy with whip lash.
All I can say is, good belts, high backed seats and good seat anchors
and TAKE CARE!
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291195515
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
1972 P510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291183313
Adelaide, South Australia.