Re: clear anodized

To: Steve Ehlers <stevenehlers@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: clear anodized
From: snyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 17:36:18 -0600
At 9:14 PM -0600 12/5/02, Steve Ehlers wrote:
>Hi ,
>You can not anodize Any of the Datsun engine parts from my experiance .
>I tried having a 2-liter valve cover done over 25 years ago .The shop said
>they would try ,but it came out looking like it had been in a BBQ
>pit and got "Smoked" .
>They said you have to have Pure aluminum products to anodize , No
>cast alloys .So
>Now I have a Polished Valve Cover as the result :-)
>Steve Ehlers

I had the aluminum door kick-panels and door-sill pieces clear
anodized about 10 years ago.  Knocked the high polish down to a satin
finish, but no discoloring so far.  These are not cast pieces, of
course.  I guess if you want a shiny valve cover, you just have to be
willing to keep polishing it.

-Marc T.