need help with cluth problems

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: need help with cluth problems
From: Mtbdavid2@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 00:04:12 EDT
Hi all,
  I have a 1969 2000 Roadster which is falling apart on me.  Last week I
changed the tranny fluid and the next day while driving on the freeway the
clutch pedal suddenly dropped about half way to the floor.  The clutch fluid
was still full and didn't appear to be leaking anywhere.  I decided to
replace the clutch master and slave cylinder and also the hose on the slave
cylinder.  I bled the system many, many times and still can't get the car to
go into gear.  If I adjust the nut on the slave cylinder bolt all the way out
so there is no free-play in the arm going into the tranny then I can get into
most of the gears except reverse but then the clutch seams to be dragging.
Any ideas what has gone wrong and how to fix it?  Maybe my clutch has gone
bad all of a sudden?
Thanks,
David