Re: H25 engine

To: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: H25 engine
From: Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 21:09:55 +0200
If the bore is 92 mm you can get 2180cc with the
H20 crank (if it's 82 mm stroke). My Volvo 142
B20 engine was 92.5 x 86 mm (stock 88.9 x 80 mm)
and it would pull all the way to 8000 rpm. The H20
is a mirror image (almost) of the Volvo pushrod B18/B20
engine. I think they can be compared on more than
one thing. If the H20 can be bored out to 92 mm
you would need higher compression pistons. Volvo
240 (B21) have 92 mm bore. Piston pin bore center
to top of piston are 39.7 or 41.9 mm (I think) and
piston pin is 24 mm on the early (same as FJ20)
and 23 mm on the later engines. What about the
crankshaft? Is it cast or forged? Is it fully counter
balanced? There are 96 mm pistons for Volvo B23.

Thomas