Switch to kill battery power

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Switch to kill battery power
From: Mical Davis <drivemach1@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:08:35 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings all,

I just picked up a racecar (GTI) that has a small
electrical leak.  I bought this car from a friend who
has tried unsuccessfully to track this leak down.  I
have not attempted to uncover the problem yet.  Since
this process is usually very time-consuming, and a
general pain, I would like to simply be able to kill
the power coming directly from the battery.  But I
would also like for it to be convenient to use after
each shut down of the vehicle if necessary.

In theory, this is what I would like.  I would like a
switch on the dash to run to a relay that would be
between the battery and the coil.  Flipping the switch
should eliminate the leak and thus save the battery
from going dead.  I've considered putting one of those
popular switches at the battery, but am looking for a
more convenient option.

This is not a Roadster, but the problem could be
applicable to anyone with an annoying electrical leak.

Thanks for any input -

Mical
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com