Re: 4 Spd Tranny

To: "Ed Wilsey" <Kensington_FC@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: 4 Spd Tranny
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 14:43:45 -0700
Biggie is that the starter goes on the driver's side like on the U20 five
speed.  There is a nearly square access panel on the bottom.  Depending on
the year, the panel may be finned or not.  The bellhousing does not come
off the tranny and the shaft is splined, which is different than the U20.

At 01:40 PM 8/1/2002 -0700, Ed Wilsey wrote:
>Hi Gang!
>
>I got an extra tranny with a parts car.  Are there any identifying marks that
>would call it out as a 4 Speed that fits the R-16 engine?
>
>Thanks!
>
>///
>////Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
>http://explorer.msn.com

Adam Bradley
'70 Datsun 1600 Roadster SPL311-28181
'66 Datsun PL411 sedan PL411-022447