Re: snake oil

To: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@fransfancies.com>,
Subject: Re: snake oil
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 21:31:18 -0400
I've been told to let the engine break-in before using synthetics although
many new cars come with them. The cast iron rings need more abrasive action
than synthetics allow as opposed to the chrome rings in many new cars.

I'll start using synths after about 3000 miles. Same with my rebuilt  tranny
too.

Mike