Re: cheap fuel injection

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cheap fuel injection
From: "Roadster" <roadster@lvcm.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:59:39 -0700
hello everyone,

this will be my first serious "I need help!" post. this is for my early 67
roadster. I having a hack of time figuring the wiring out. I bought the car
and it had some hacks too it. this is what I have so far.

1. car has to voltage regulators. one is stock and the other is aftermarket.
they share on bolt hole. all the wire go into the stock unit except for the
alternator. it is hooked to the aftermarket. he told me the car ate two stock
alt's so they installed a GM unit. seems to work great.

2. car runs when a jumper wire is run from the + on the coil to the + on the
battery. it will start at the ignition switch but I have to pull the jumper to
shut the car down.

3. im getting juice to the dash but the only lights that come on are the head
and tail lights. naturally everything worked until I started "correcting" the
hack job.

4. If I touch the vanity light housing to the car body the light comes on. it
will not on its own. was this grounded to the dash originally?

5. Dash lights will work when grounded at each individual bulb but not
together at the rheostat. I used a meter on it and it shows the voltage rising
and lowering as the knob is turned.

6. where is he resistor located? it shows it on the schematic but I cannot
identify it on the car hehehee. the picture shows a black wire going from + on
coil to resistor to fuse block.

im thinking seriously of getting the universal 12 circuit wiring harness from
painless and replacing it all. what do you guys think? im not an electrician
by any standards. computers are what I do.

if this is longer that the typical forum e-mail or violates the standards
please let me know. the last think I want to do is bog someone down.

thx again!

mike