RE: engine swaps

Subject: RE: engine swaps
From: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 10:53:17 -0400
There is a picture or two of a Rotary powered 68 2000 on my site in the
gallery.  The conversion was done by a guy about 10 miles from me.  The
engine itself fits in fairly well but the header had to be dented up a bit
to make it fit.  The owner blew it up as he was trying to use the stock
radiator - not a chance.  Another gut named Mike who lives closer still to
me has the car now.  He has the 12A out and said that the car has some
hacking done to the frame.  I didn't see any when I looked at it so I assume
it must have been the center X bracing that was cut up - likely for the
exhaust.  He was having that repaired and thinking about what other engines
he could put in the car.  I haven't run into the guy since though so I have
no idea where the project is.  I have a 76 4 port 13B that is just sitting
and I'll likely never use.  The engine is in Alabama if anyone is
interested.  Having played with the Rotaries for a while (and I still like
them) I think that SR/FJ20 or KA24 swaps make more sense.
By the way - I hope to have Road Atlanta picture posted over the weekend.  I
just need to lose 5 megs - and about 25lbs too.
Later,
Brian '69 2000
Tampa, FL
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/oilleak/