Tempering metal

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tempering metal
From: "Donna and Terry Cost" <tcost@hot.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 16:26:45 -0500
Actually, I have been working on an environmentally friendly method of
tempering metal objects.  If you older folks can remember that far back,
Coca-Cola came in a glass bottle, and the bottom of the bottle made a good
magnifying glass to burn ants.  Since Coca-Cola does not usually come in a
glass bottle any more I have researched liquid containers for the next best
thing, and have found that Shiner Bock beer bottles make the next best
magnifying glasses.  I plan to mount about a thousand bottle bottoms in a
large grid and shine the concentrated sunlight on metal objects, just like
the new "Strategic Defense Initiative" Laser Cannons.  I have bought a large
stock tank from Tractor Supply and have been filling it with used motor oil
from my roadster.  What I plan to do is suspend a metal part above the tank
of oil, shine the concentrated sunlight from the Shiner Bock grid on it
until it gets white hot, then quickly dunk the metal in the used oil.  Only
clean solar energy will be used, oil will be recycled, and I have an excuse
to drink a thousand or so Shiner beers.  I don't see any downside to this
plan.

Leisure Suit Terry