Wheels, Comp Suspension and Fender Clearance

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheels, Comp Suspension and Fender Clearance
From: "David Totah" <dstotah@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 10:06:24 -0700
Hi All,

I am looking at putting 15x6 Panasports on my 69 Roadster (probably a +15mm
offset).  I would also like to stiffen up the suspension with a comp spring
and shock set.  My concern is that the new suspension set will lower the car
1.75 inches (I think this is standard with all the suspension sets).  So
will the lowering of the car that much interfere (cause tire rubbing) with
the 15" rims.  I was thinking of putting 195/50/15 tires on the car.

Can anyone else suggest alternatives solutions of additional tips.  I have a
cousin that has worked on cars all his life and had one of the nicest 68
cameros around.  We were talking about what it would take to flare the back
fenders, but I don't really want to do that.  I figure that the car was
designed with beautiful lines...why not leave it that way if possible..

I don't want to buy the 15" wheels and then find out that I can't use them
because of a clearence problem.

Thanks again for the help...this list is great, and I feel like I ask more
questions than I am able to return answers.

Dave