Re: early solex carbs

To: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: early solex carbs
From: " Bob Davis" <rdavis4@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 06:57:01 -0400
Sidney,

I hope to be racing by September if all goes well. Have a stack of street
parts that came off the racer. The previous owner attempted to put the car
back on the street. All are in really good condition.

Do you think the list is interested in hearing about the car or would rather
pick at each other over lost deals and hurt feelings.

I belong to a similar list called the Friends of Triumph. All members race
or have raced TR's, including the famous and not so famous. All they talk
about is cars, racing and history.

The Datsun list could learn a few lessons from them. Has anyone attempted to
get any of the famous Datsun drivers from years past involved with the list.
What you quickly learn from the old racers are the tricks that we dream and
think about but have probably already been tried by them. Maybe Paul Newman
would be interested and relate some really interesting stories. Bob Sharp,
Pete Brock, Morton........but I doubt they would be interested in the petty
bickering that seems to occupy the list.

Bob Davis (new guy to the list)
67.5 2L vintage racer