good plug goes bad??

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: good plug goes bad??
From: "jerry gallagher" <jdg1@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 22:20:16 -0700
Gordon's post of a drive on mother's day had me thinking I should get the
roadster out for the first time this year.  I start it up periodically
during the winter and haven't had any problems.  Yesterday, it decides that
it is only going to run on three cylinders.  Drove it up to the gas station
to get some fresh gas on the way back it still was running on only three
cylinders.

Hooked up a timing light to see which plug wasn't firing.  Number four
cylinder wasn't working. Bought a new BP6ES and installed -- runs great.
Not complaining about the $1.95 it took to fix the problem compared to the
costs for other reasons for a cylinder not to work.

I've never had a problem with NGK nor have I heard of a sparkplug going bad
in this fashion. Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks,

Jerry