RE: horn won't blow on '67 - more info

To: <robbieharrison@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: horn won't blow on '67 - more info
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 21:34:53 -0700
Robbie:

Check inside the turn signal assembly. The horn button circuit leads to a
round spring-loaded button that rides in a track on the underside of the
steering wheel. Make sure the button and the track are clean and that none
of the wires on the circuit board are broken. The circuit is completed when
one of the three little tabs on the horn button touches the wheel hub. The
wire that comes off the top of the wheel hub has to attach to the horn
button. There is also a 'U' shaped copper contact in the assembly that is
spring-loaded and tends to fall out, so be careful when pulling the steel
ring clip out that holds the assembly together. This is part of the turn
signal circuit. If you take the turn signal assembly off, be sure to get the
'U' contact back in with the teeny spring underneath, or your turn signals
won't work. Also, before taking anything apart, look for the small copper
contact for the hi/low beams under the turn signal lever. you'll have to
take that metal inspection plate off the base of the lever to see how it
fits into the assembly, and to get it back in correctly. Make sure that the
contact goes into the right slot, or your hi/lo beams will stay one way all
the time.

HTH

Paul