Re: Steering Wheels and Adapters

To: "David Totah" <dstotah@hotmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering Wheels and Adapters
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 17:31:05 -0700
I have a Grant 13" wheel on my '70.  Actually I think it's a bit too
small.  The adapter is available at most auto parts stores (special order)
and costs about $50.  It's a pretty easy install although I had to cut
about 1/2" of the plastic off the column surround to get it to fit
properly.  Everything works, turn signals (and cancel), horn, etc.  Looks a
lot nicer than stock, too.  I've got some pics up at
http://www.picturetrail.com/abend

At 03:18 PM 5/10/2002 -0700, David Totah wrote:
>So, being a tall guy and having a bit of weight on me, I find that the large
>Datsun steering wheel gives me a bot of trouble when getting into the car.
>That said, I have begun a search on E-bay to see if I can find an
>inexpensive steering wheel.  If I find a deal on a Momo or similar steering
>wheel, how do I adapt it to the datsun?  I know there is an adaptor hub for
>sale, but does anyone know if just any hub will fit, or doesn't it have to
>be a specific hub.  Also, will I run into problems with compatability of
>steering wheels to the car?
>
>Any info would be great.
>
>Dave

Adam Bradley