Re: List Integrity (was RE: air filers)

To: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>, LauryV@MTA.NET, Eschcool2@aol.com,
Subject: Re: List Integrity (was RE: air filers)
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 17:22:39 -0700
Andrew,

I wrote a message to the original author agreeing with you.  Hopefully you
aren't referring to me and the PL411, because I understand completely that
it's a free market and if someone wants to offer more than me and the
seller and I haven't finalized our agreement, that's perfectly up to
them.  Hopefully my post back in February was interpreted as more friendly;
I think I said "please don't buy this car out from under me!"  To post
information about parts to the list and then expect everyone to leave them
there indefinitely is unreasonable.

At 04:12 PM 5/10/2002 -0700, Andrew Murphy wrote:
>I have had the same response when I post about cars for sale. Some people
>that may have been looking at or bidding on the cars get mad when I post to
>the list because they don't want the competition and they feel that I am
>"interfering".
>
>This is a public forum and you have to know that whatever you post here goes
>to hundreds of people. I am not one to condone theft or fraud, but if you
>are going to post about parts that are available or cars that are for sale
>then you must also realize that people will act on it.
>
>I am a firm believer in the overall integrity of this list. Without fail
>everyone I have done business with on this list has been fair with me. I
>give information if I can and ask advice if I need it. Without fail this
>list has been a good resource for me and others.
>
>As far as making money off of parts I personally think it would be a
>nightmare to be a vendor when trying to locate parts. I am glad our vendors
>are there so if I need a part it will be available.
>
>My .02
>
>Andrew Murphy
>1964 1500
>1967.5 2000