Re: List Integrity (was RE: air filers)

To: solex67@hotmail.com, LauryV@MTA.NET, Eschcool2@aol.com,
Subject: Re: List Integrity (was RE: air filers)
From: SLBESQ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 01:55:35 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/02 4:14:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
solex67@hotmail.com writes:

> I have had the same response when I post about cars for sale. Some people
> that may have been looking at or bidding on the cars get mad when I post to
> the list because they don't want the competition and they feel that I am
> "interfering".
>
> This is a public forum and you have to know that whatever you post here
> goes
> to hundreds of people. I am not one to condone theft or fraud, but if you
> are going to post about parts that are available or cars that are for sale
> then you must also realize that people will act on it.
>
> I am a firm believer in the overall integrity of this list. Without fail
> everyone I have done business with on this list has been fair with me. I
> give information if I can and ask advice if I need it. Without fail this
> list has been a good resource for me and others.
>
> As far as making money off of parts I personally think it would be a
> nightmare to be a vendor when trying to locate parts. I am glad our vendors
> are there so if I need a part it will be available.
>
> My .02
>
> Andrew Murphy
> 1964 1500
> 1967.5 2000
> SoCalROC

$.02 = two months ago, i had one roadster.  a little less than two months
ago, andrew posted an ad he had seen in los angeles for two roadsters for
sale, plus numerous spare parts.  when i went to see the cars, i couldn't
believe what a "treasure trove" i had in front of me.  i bought them
instantly.

i live in los angeles, but had no idea those cars were available.  and but
for andrew posting the ad to this list, i still wouldn't have.

i felt guilty buying them (because it was truly a trove of treasures),
because andrew, another died in the wool roadster nut saw it first.  why
wasn't he buying it?

i told myself that he posted it to the list.  he must have meant for one of
us to find that treasure and appreciate it for what it was.  if he had wanted
it, he would have just bought it.  instead he shared it with us.

so like you all learned in kindergarten, it (this list IMHO) is about sharing.

67.5MIZU