Re: A crusty marine engineers armchair solution to U20

To: gregnvicki@earthlink.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A crusty marine engineers armchair solution to U20
From: "Dirk Frisbee" <dirkfris@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 09:10:31 -0500
I've been watching this thread with great interest, although I have good
gears on my engine I'm relatively young and the gears might fare worse over
time, what about bypassing the chain setup entirely? Install a series of
gears that allow a direct drive of the cam. Yes, it is beyond my engineering
abilities, I wanted to see what you listers thought of the overall concept?

Relatively non-crusty landlubber,
                                 Dirk