Re: ball joints

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@MSFC.NASA.GOV>,
Subject: Re: ball joints
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 19:30:23 -0400
I wouldn't want to play with lower bjs in any car I drive. I had one
collapse on me almost 30 years ago and the only thing that kept me in one
piece is that I was going very slowly because of traffic.

I just bought a new set of lower ones from Nissan about 4 months ago. Are
they now NLA? The uppers can be tightened down and I've never seen an upper
bj go bad although they can get notchy.

Use a shop press to press the lower metal to tighten up the lower ones but
not too much.

Mike