race weekend #1

Subject: race weekend #1
From: Chris Coker <chriscoker@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 17:55:30 -0400
Last weekend I opened my racing season at Waterford Hills, in my GP 1600.

Saturday, I won my class (the faster Fiat broke down).
Sunday class race, I came in 2nd place in my class, but lowered my personal
best lap time by over a second.
Sunday feature race I started 3rd, and battled my way ahead of a Chevy
Chevette to take 2nd place.

The car ran well, and just a few minor tweaks to take care of before the
next race, June 1-2.

Hopefully, by the end of June, I'll have my new motor in the car, and will
be able to give the front runners some more competition.

In other news, I heard Bill Wessel won his first SCCA National Race this
past weekend.

Happy Roadstering,

--
Chris Coker