RE: Electronic ignition..

To: Roadster Listgroup <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Electronic ignition..
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 14:09:22 -0600
Sun, 5 May 2002 00:11 Datsun Dude wrote:
>Im thinking of installing electonic ignition on my roadster...
>
>I would like to see what everyone thinks...
>
>See if anyone else has gone this route...

  Yup. I also have Gary Boone's dizzy (ref: Eric Frisbee's note) on my
daily driver.  I've installed 3 of Gary's now (on 3 different cars ;) ),
and if the original wiring is right (I had to work around one where
the coil + was used as a 12V+ tap), it can be done in about 15-20
minutes. I highly recommend it.
  I've got about 15,000 miles on mine, and it's sweet. No more roadside
dwell adjustments (NAPA had the only points I tried that lasted at all.
Pep boyz, Autozone, and Bosch points were a joke), easier cold starting
(think 10 deg F winter mornings), and zero maintenance. Seems like
acceleration is smoother than I had with points too (from 2500 to 7000
rpm).

dan neff '69 2000
colorado springs, co
http://www.wycroc.org