Re: Solvang Results

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Solvang Results
From: "Todd Osborn" <trosborn@california.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 20:02:13 -0700
I must have been tired last night as I left off an important award. This
plaque awarded by the show hosts (Fred and me) is given to an individual
that represents the spirit of roadster ownership and who has contributed
greatly to the enjoyment of these cars by others. The process is not
scientific, in fact it's completely subjective. This years winner has
significantly contributed to the success of the SoCalRoc club and has often
helped others repair and learn about their cars. His knowledge of roadsters
and old Datsuns is only surpassed by his obvious love for the cars.
Congratulations to Victor Laury, the recipient of the Fairlady Fanatic award
from Solvang 2002. Way to go Victor!

Also as Fred pointed out  I should have noted the co-winners in these
categories, indeed nearly every roadster is supported by a caring wife,
girlfriend, boyfriend, parent, ...
Personally I have owned my roadster for over 27 years and it surprises me
how much of a family affair this car has become. My wife and kids enjoy
going to the shows and see all the cars, probably not as much as me, but
this has become more than a hobby.
Todd (already looking forward to Solvang 2003) Osborn
BADROC, San Jose, CA