Solvang Results

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Solvang Results
From: "Todd Osborn" <trosborn@california.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 21:55:00 -0700
As many have said and as you have seen Solvang 2002 was a great success. We
had about 50 cars with many people showing up the day of the show, there were
over 100 in attendance so the cars got a good review. Always fun to see all
the cars and meet new roadster owners. This was my first time organizing a
show and it was quite an experience, I could not have done it with out help
from my wife, EveAnn, Fred & Annie Katz, Michael Carion, Dan Zubkoff, Steve
Allen and Ken Pletcher. Special thanks to Pam Bauman for her famous roadster
cookies and breakfast.  I'm sure everyone is interested in the winners, so
here they are:

Fairlady Class (no competion - only one 1500 in attendance)
1st Harry Rattelman, 1965, Mira Loma, CA
2nd Carl Hockett, 1967 RL411, Albany, CA (not a roadster but nice old sedan)

1600 Class (28 cars entered)
1st Jon Frampton, 1967.5, Huntington Beach, CA
2nd Paul Bauman, 1967, Westminster, CA 3rd Tom Barlow, 1967, Alhambra, CA
You would think Datsun only produced the 1600 in 1967

2000 Class (10 cars entered)
1st Gary Waserman, 1970, Winnetka, CA
2nd Corey Hanks, 1969, Fresno, CA
3rd Michael Carion, 1967.5, San Francisco, CA

Custom (6 cars entered)
1st Francis Anand, 1967 SPL, Hayward, CA
2nd Les Cannaday, 1967.5 SPL, Vista, CA
3rd Ken Pletcher, 1969 SRL, Pleasanton, CA

Best of Show
Gerardo Magana, 1967.5, SRL, Modesto, CA

Regards
Todd Osborn
San Jose, CA
'68 2L DATSFUN