unobtainium parts - was muffler OT

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: unobtainium parts - was muffler OT
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 08:41:54 -0400
A few years back, a buddy of mine and I were helping a kid we know rebuild a
Kawasaki triple.  He was in very much over his head, but wanted to ride with
us...  We completely disassembled it, boxing parts sorted by location.
Stripped and painted the tank, frame, etc, had some machine work done, and
were beginning reassembly.  Some PO had drilled a hole in the rear fender,
just ahead of the tailight, to mount a headphone jack (?)

Scott ( the kid) was given the task of re-assembling the rear fender and
tailight assembly while Roger and I were putting the motor back together.
When he said he was done and could we check his work, I pointed to the hole
in the fender and told him he forgot to install the tailight push-rod.  He
got a very sheepish look on his face and said there weren't any parts left
in the box - what did it look like???