Re: Wheels

To: mikekerr@innercite.com, KWS711@aol.com, solex67@hotmail.com,
Subject: Re: Wheels
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 23:40:11 EST
In a message dated 12/27/01 12:45:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mikekerr@innercite.com writes:

<< take a roadster put 7 " wide wheels on it and comparable tires for the
wider
 rim and it will out handle the 5.5 inch rims if all else is equal....   Hell
 a roadster on stock wheels can  "handled like a go cart. "   ..... but a 5.5
 rim is just not wide enough for the weight of the roadster , just ask any
 one who races, which size of rim they'd rather run on 5.5"  or 7 " >>

I ran around with a 5.5 inch wheel and it felt fine on the racetrack.  But
then I went to a 6.0 Panasport wheel and the difference was quite noticable.
Btw... the same size rubber was used on both wheels.

Calspeed