Re: Heat Guns

To: "Daniel E McHatton" <hallosb@juno.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heat Guns
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:07:21 -0500
lacquer thinner is also highly volatile and carcinogenic and is easily
absorbed into the skin. I really don't recommend your method if you are
using it to remove large amounts of undercoating.

Heat guns will only warp body panels, or anything else for that matter,
when used on the high setting and left in the same place for an extended
amount of time. I used heat to remove undercoating along with a scrapper
with no problems. I used paint thinner to clean up the residue.

I tried Gordon's method when it was cold outside to remove the sound deadner
on the floors.

Mike