Re: Welding (OTish)

To: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>,
Subject: Re: Welding (OTish)
From: lou daly <lou_daly@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 12:38:01 -0800 (PST)
mig welding
I had a real bad tr 250 a long time ago
and i ended up replacing the frame with a newer
tr 6 one the was less rusty but still needed
the crossmembers where the - irs susp bolts on -
fabricated and replaced
the car also needed rocker panels too
(they were very easy as they have no curves)

anyway
i had a very little arc welding experience
but knew nothing about mig but i bought the cheapest
mig i could find and was able to do a pretty good job
(the cheap stuff generally will develop wire feed
problems eventually)

unlike arc welding, mig is really easy to
pick up as the burn area is really small by comparison
so you can still be a novice without destroying stuff

Lou