Weatherstrip installation.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Weatherstrip installation.
From: Tom Duffy <tomuo@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 19:20:14 -0800
I just got the rubber strips that go on the door windows, but
I can't find an easy way to install them. The old ones came out
basically by pulling on them till the disintegrated, but it looks
like the new ones have to be slid into place. I tried this
with the vent frame out of the door, but didn't get more than
2 inches in. I tried opening up the channel a little, but it
didn't get me much further.
Is there a better way to do this, or some lubricant that
will let the rubber be pushed all the way through the channel?

I also got the gas outer grommet, and this has it's own set
of problems...  Do you put the grommet into the hole and
then pass the filler neck through the grommet (too tight, but
might work with some stretching), or put the grommet on the
filler neck and then work one side of the grommet through
the hole in the body (even tighter)?

One last question, where in the SF bay area can I get paint
mixed to match paint chips? I only have a few points to
fill in.

Tom.
'68 1600