Re: Newbie

To: Pre-Zee <Pre_Z@msn.com>, Stephen McCartney <sgam@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Newbie
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 18:15:23 -0800 (PST)
The dual zone brakes came in 1967.5.  I believe the collapsible
steering column came in 1968.  My message was specifically about the
most noticable changes to the 1970.  Other than the lights, pictures on
the dash knobs instead of words, and the steering box, I don't think
there were any real changes from 1969 to 1970, at least none that are
obvious.

--- Pre-Zee <Pre_Z@msn.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> > the safety-mandated changes
> > (larger side markers, larger rear reflectors, front turn signals)
> are a
> > little less desirable than the earlier cars, but most of that can
> be
> > easily undone if it really bothers you.
> >
> Although the dual zone brake circuit is a nice added touch.  Didn't
> they
> also add an offset in the steering to create a sort of crumple zone
> in the
> steering column to save ones chest in a crash?
>
> George M (Pre-Z)

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181