Re: Roadsters and V8's

To: Lafoxparts@aol.com, ambradley@yahoo.com, colonel_klink510@yahoo.com,
Subject: Re: Roadsters and V8's
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:14:06 -0500
For those that are not aware, there were two Tiger prototypes.  One was
built by Shelby and the other by Ken Miles.  Ken did the quick and dirty
version (what a lot of folks would do) that did not include any firewall
mods or other strengthening.  From what I understand, the engine was too
high and too far forward, and the car drove like a truck.  It was fast
though.

Shelby was contracted to do an engineered install (what a lot of the folks
on the list tend to do) with firewall mods and the like.  We all know what
happened with it.

WARNING - PERSONAL OPINION TO FOLLOW:  If this had been done with the
Roadster, it would have been a MUCH better car.  Alpines look nice, but they
are cruisers - not really sports cars imho.

Sidney Raper
1964 1500
1967 SRL311 00060
1967 SRL311 00076