Re: Cold Air Induction-air box

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: Cold Air Induction-air box
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:29:13 -0500
Daniel Neuman wrote

>       I plan on cutting out the inner fender in the carb area to clear the air
>box.  Todd thinks that I should just run the intake tube along the inside
>of the
>fender to the front of the car.
This is a good start! now remove the left headlight and install a terry
cost traffic cone induction system in the headlight hole, ducting the air
to the stacks.  For a second headlight you'll need to wear a miner's
helmet.  Should work great!  ;-)

>       I plan on carving up some foam and using it as a buck to lay some
>fiberglass on and then desolving out the foam with acetone. This way I can
>have
>all kinds of crazy shapes and don't ahve to worry about getting the buck
>out of
>the fiberglass
On a serious note,  polyester resin will melt styrofoam before you have a
chance to use the acetone on it.  Epoxy resin is another matter.  You
could wirebrush the styrofoam out of the part easily and not have a
puddle of toxic goo to deal with.

-Marc T.

Marc Tyler
Designer,