Re: new info Manzolini race car: FIA frame

To: "Bob Mann" <RWM@rwmann.com>,
Subject: Re: new info Manzolini race car: FIA frame
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 17:50:12 -0400
I was offered Dave's car many years ago when the then owner, Dave Walsdorf,
pulled me over while I was driving my Roadster and asked me if I wanted to
buy a race car. My eyes lit up but when I saw it it had no drivetrain and
was covered in rust. I passed on it but Ed Unkel bought it and after careful
examination we noticed all the hidden holes punched out to make it lighter.
More interesting were the welds on the frame where lead was added inside the
frame. Ed and I painted it yellow and put a rising sun/battle flag on the
hood. Looked great from about 20 feet or more :)

Mike