Re: Brake Rotors

To: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>,
Subject: Re: Brake Rotors
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 17:32:32 -0400
Unless your rotor is warped and pulsating it is not necessary to cut the
rotors. What you need to do is cut the glaze and I used a coarse scotchbrite
3" wheel on my drill to do this. Sears sells the pads and backup pad to
mount them. Of course if there are funny wear patterns or they are scored
you must cut them. Since rotors for these and other old cars are so $$$$$
"experts" recommend what I just mentioned which is where I got the advice.

What your machinist did isn't bad and if you buy new rotors they have the
same pattern, at least my Acura rotors did. The reason the drums aren't
cross hatched is because it's almost impossible to do.

Mike