Re: Rough idle, #2 ain't firing...

To: "Ken Pearce" <ken__pearce@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rough idle, #2 ain't firing...
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:18:27 -0400
Ken,

First thing I would check are the connecting rods to each carb to make sure
the rear carb isn't affecting the front carb. However you must make sure the
carbs are balanced correctly when your foot hits the pedal. If it's balanced
correctly correct at idle it may not be balanced when under power. It takes
awhile to get those PITA linkages correct.

If the rear carb is too rich some of the gas may be used by the front carb
or if the idle speed is too high the car may not die.

As for the rich front carb make sure the needle is correctly installled and
that the choke isn't hanging up. Could be a leaky float needle valve or the
float level is too high and gas is flowing into the carb at all times.

As for the miss it could be the spark plug possibly. I would also do a
compression test.

Mike